I want to share with you a testimony that was sent to me recently.
My name is Mark Schimmel. I attend Cross Tabernacle in Terre Haute. I wanted to thank you for coming to our church this weekend and also thank you for giving me the coin and two books. I was the guy sitting on the front row who you blessed at the end of the service. I wanted to catch up with you afterwards, but you were busy at your table and I didn't want to interrupt. But I needed to share with you what God had done.
These past three years battling cancer have been difficult; but they have also been three of the best years of my life. Though my body was struggling to survive, my heart was constantly overwhelmed by the love and support of friends, family and complete strangers. I have never felt so connected to a community of kindness and selfless love. The faith of those around me held me up when I was weak and gave me the strength I needed to fight for my life.
Are you willing to take the Champions Coin Challenge? It is a simple challenge and goes like this...
Purchase one of our Champions Full Armor of God coins and every morning as you get dressed and place it into your pants pocket, PUT ON THE FULL ARMOR OF GOD! As we start our day we should be properly dressed with our armor God has provided. This gives us the ability to fight off our enemies and to conquer our fears.
During the day when you feel the coin in your pocket, pray for the one you are with and if you are alone, just pray!
If you pray for or with someone, tell them about the coin challenge and have an extra coin in your pocket to challenge them.
You can get the coins from our site for $10 each.
The headlines today are earthshaking when companies that have been foundational to the business world and Wall Street are failing at an astounding rate. The failure is not due to bad business practices that developed on their own but practices that developed due to greed, lack of integrity, and a reassurance that 'daddy' (US Government) would help us overcome our problems and bail us out to begin again.
The problem is that we have learned this traits from a fatherless world where government has been the answer to all of our problems. Where standards have moved away from Godly principles to standards of Wall Street. Behind every failure of this magnitude are men wiling to push the envelope beyond where God would want us to go.
We need to instill solid Word principles back into business. To begin again we need to hold business and investors to a God standard not a Gold standard. To bring about a failure of this magnitude one must wonder what is next. As Christians our faith should be strong and we should not worry. We should understand practicle living and not look to make it rich without the hard work.
Christians should look to the Bible for investment guidance. We should invest in ways that enhance the Kingdom of God. Living beyond our means is not Godly, it is worldly. Dave Ramsey teaches us how to be prepared with our finances for time like these. He sets goals and borders for us to be in the right path of Godly investments.
Being a Champion means we are prepared for battle and we are ready for anything that is thrown at us. Don't look at what the world wants you to see but focus on what God wants you to do.
Champions must understand the authority God has given us, accept that authority, and walk in that authority. In order to do that we must discover the authority operating in our lives and adjust it to God's authority.
No matter how Wall street turns out, we on Main street must realize where our priorities are and direction we are moving and adjust to be what He has called us to be - Champions!
Your understanding of masculine context will help you reach men for Christ. Unless we understand who men are, we cannot relate to them. Eighty percent of salvations of men come out of relationships. It is important to understand masculinity or how God wired men in order to have a successful ministry to men. I have listed some basics that every leader must understand if Champions are going to be developed.
- Men communicate through questions.
- Men primarily communicate by asking a series of questions, in order to try to solve a problem or get to the “bottom line.”
- Men are goal or challenge oriented.
- Men view most situations as a challenge to be met or an obstacle to be conquered.
- Men focus on logic not emotions.
- The majority of men are “linear,” which means they emphasize one thing at a time and tend to compartmentalize their lives.
- Men choose rules over relationships.
- Men want order in various situations, so they place emphasis on rules and principles. While this brings order, it also creates distance from others.
- Finally, men are hesitant to express their emotions.
- Men have been given permission to express their emotions through anger. They vote with their feet. If they don’t have adequate tome to process their feelings, they will usually “fight or flee.”
- This is only a sampling why it is difficult to mobilize passionate, prepared, and positioned men. If you want to know more about training men for God, then sign up for Champion’s Training. Contact us for more information.